Tuesday 29 November 2011

Here's to New Beginnings!

Hello there, thanks for taking a look at my very first Blog. As with all things new, it is quite difficult and I am a little unsure what to talk about. However, people always say that as one door closes, another one opens... and for me that is so true!

In October 2009 I went to a property auction at York Racecourse. I have always loved looking at property, and enjoy the bustle at auctions, and had attended quite a few before. It has always been an ambition of mine to open a pretty little shop on a busy high street, and 'subconsciously' I have been collecting vintage lovelies all my life. However, one lot came up, an empty and unloved old estate agents that looked like it had so much potential, it was perfect! I decided to bid and either it was luck or fate, but in less than 5 minutes I was the highest bidder, and a very proud owner of my own little shop. Work began on transforming the it into a gorgeous boutique and finally in April 2010 I was so excited because I opened my little shop Poppy and Rose with my gorgeous daughter Suzie. Below is are pictures from the outside of our little shop.




We sold lots of vintage lovelies with gifts and cards, and I was smitten from the word go! We had so much support and great feedback from all the local community and immediately I felt at home.



But sadly in September 2011 we closed the door for the last time. Although I love York, I decided to move back to Scotland where i had lived for the last 6 years. There is of course a happy ending to this story because another door has opened and we are again looking forward to Poppy & Rose's next venture. We are about to launch our brand new website, www.poppyandrose.co.uk selling loads of painted shabby chic furniture, vintage homewares, textiles, garden accessories, kitchenalia and much more.


We are now in the finishing stages putting together the online shop, and hopefully it will be finally opening in the next few days, so I hope you manage to have a look around... I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment